In this series, get to know the southwest Columbus suburb of Grove City. In four segments, we’ll introduce you to the series and then cover the city’s history, fun activities, as well as dining and drinking options. We hope you enjoy this series and are able to check out Grove City in person.
Looking for something fun to do? Grove City has plenty of options this summer and fall.
Whether it’s picking up produce at the weekly farmers’ market or sipping on bourbon at a tasting event, there’s a bit of something for everyone. And let’s not forget the new open container district downtown. Get out your calendar because this events-focused edition of the Grove City Series will have you busy through autumn!
- Farmers’ Market: For more than 25 years, local farmers have partnered with the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce to offer produce at the Grove City Town Center. The market runs on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon, through September 14.
- Summer Sizzle Concert Series: Free concerts are held most Friday evenings at George Edge Music Park from May 24 through August 17, weather permitting.
- Grove City EcoFest | August 10 | Historic Grove City Town Center: Enjoy live entertainment, demonstrations and workshops celebrating Grove City as a healthy, eco-friendly community.
- Bourbon Tasting | August 10 | Historic Grove City Town Center: Bourbon, pizzas, cigars and live entertainment highlight this annual event, made for experienced bourbon patrons and beginners alike.
- Heart of Grove City Chocolate Walk | August 10 | Grove City Welcome Center & Museum: Treat yourself to chocolate while exploring Grove City’s downtown shops.
- Historical Society Heritage Banquet | August 24 | St John’s Lutheran Church: Indulge in a traditional German meal of chicken schnitzel, potato salad, red cabbage, green beans, spaetzle and cream puffs.
- Arts in the Alley | September 21–22 | Historic Grove City Town Center: Hosted by the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce, Arts in the Alley features more than 100 exhibitors displaying fine art, photography, jewelry, crafts, fabric art, glasswork, pottery and wood creations. A kick-off parade is held Saturday morning at 9:30 am and there is a variety of musical entertainment throughout the weekend, as well as food vendors and a Kids Fun Street.
- The Olde Hayfield Fall Barn Sale | September 28–29 | The Olde Hayfield: Enjoy live music and a variety of vendors including pickers, crafters, artists, antique collectors, farmers and food vendors.
- Grove City Oktoberfest | October 5 | Historic Grove City Town Center: Celebrate Grove City’s German heritage by sampling a variety of German foods and enjoying games such as beer stein holding contests, Hammerschlagen and barrel rolling.
- Old-Time Harvest Day | October 6 | Century Village: Visit Century Village at Fryer Park to travel 150 years back in time and experience the life of an Ohioan with activities like leather tooling, soap making, metal smithing, churning butter and more.
- Boo Off Broadway | October 31 | Historic Grove City Town Center: An annual, family-friendly alternative to the traditional trick or treat, allowing kids to safely collect candy from area businesses and civic organizations.
- Thanksgiving Wattle | November 28 | 1270 Lamplighter Drive: This walk/run event promotes life, health, wellness and local charities through four main events: 5K Wattle Run/Walk, Primrose Children’s Run, Turkey Leg 100 for athletes with disabilities and the Slo Rotisserie Roll 12 Mile Bicycle Ride.
Grove City is buzzing all summer and fall so come out and enjoy all this city has to offer!
For those interested in calling Grove City home, we encourage you to tour the only property in the neighborhood offering Rhove, Broadway Station, where you can make money on rent.