In this Franklinton Series, we’re highlighting all the great things going on in Columbus’ oldest neighborhood. From the critically acclaimed National Veterans Memorial and Museum and the scenic Scioto Mile to trendy new bars and restaurants, there’s a lot to see and do in Franklinton — all within walking distance. For an overview of the neighborhood, check out our Franklinton Series home page!
This events-focused edition of the Franklinton Series highlights all the dates when you’ll want to mark your calendar in 2019.
A view of Downtown Columbus from the rooftop of Gravity
Like any vibrant neighborhood, Franklinton is home to a wide variety of festivals, concerts and events that amplify the day-to-day energy. We’ve broken down all of the recurring events and one-time events below — make sure to check out the neighborhood this summer for one of these awesome events!
- Franklinton Fridays: This neighborhood-wide celebration of the arts, sciences and community is held every second Friday of the month. Explore and mingle at several locations and come to know all that Franklinton has to offer. Sponsored by the Franklinton Arts District.
- Welcome Wednesdays | 400 West Rich and Chromedge Studios: Every first and third Wednesday of the month from 5–8 pm, the studios will be open to the public for a sneak peek into the lives of the 175+ artists working inside. There will be live demos, open studios, tours and more.
- 400 Market: On the last Sunday of every month from 12–4 pm, 400 West Rich is hosting a culturally-oriented event for local art and trade opportunities.
- COSI After Dark: A 21+ event with five summer dates. It’s COSI without kids!
- COSI Family Friday Night: On the last Friday of every month after 5pm, COSI offers extended hours and discounted admission to families.
- COSI Science Festival | May 1–4 | COSI: More than 65 family-friendly events, including the Citywide Star Party and the Big Science Celebration. Features a variety of STEM-focused organizations from around the community.
- Teacher Appreciation | May 8 | National Veterans Memorial & Museum: A teacher appreciation reception with guided tours that connect directly to Social Studies, ELA and S.T.E.M. state standards.
- Rhove — Gravity Launch Party | June 14 | Gravity: Join Rhove for a privately catered, open bar event, hosted at Gravity. We’re welcoming new and potential tenants, as well as the broader community to celebrate the launch of Rhove. Come learn more about how we are helping Gravity residents make renting more rewarding.
- Columbus Arts Festival | June 7–9 | Scioto Mile: More than 280 nationally renowned artists. Stroll the Scioto Mile and enjoy the art, entertainment and food. Both sides of the river.
- Columbus Pride Festival | June 14–16 | Scioto Mile: A half-million visitors make this one of the largest pride events in the Midwest. Columbus Pride includes a parade, more than 180 vendors, two music stages and a family area.
- Red, White & BOOM! | July 3 | Downtown Columbus: It’s the largest fireworks display in Ohio — and Franklinton offers some of the best views. Festivities start at noon and the show starts at 10 pm.
- Jazz and Rib Festival | July 19–21 | Scioto Mile: The name says it all: Jazz and ribs are the main attraction at this annual festival, where 23 award-winning barbecue teams compete for bragging rights.
- Columbus Food Truck Festival | Aug. 16–17 | Downtown Riverfront: Sample delicious food from more than 70 Ohio food trucks, plus enjoy live music and arts and crafts for all ages.
Clearly there’s a lot to do and see in Franklinton — and the lineup of events keeps growing every year. Festivals that used to be held in other parts of the city are relocating to the beautiful Scioto Mile trail, one of Franklinton’s many attractions. What are you waiting for? Come check it out and enjoy this outdoor event season!
While you’re in Franklinton, do yourself a favor and visit the first property ever to offer Rhove, Gravity. Gravity offers it’s residents the chance to make money on rent with Rhove, the first cash rewards program for renters.
Be sure to check out the rest of our Franklinton Series.